Yola 1971 Mezcal Joven 200ml
Handcrafted and organic, YOLA Mezcal follows a distinctive recipe from 1971 passed down by Yola’s grandfather.
We preserve the 400-year-old tradition of artisanal mezcal making and distilling on the premises of our namesake farm. Founded and run by women, YOLA Mezcal's all female hand-bottling facility offers direct pay, and we are proud to promote autonomy and economic independence for our partners in Oaxaca and across borders.
Maguey: Espadin, Madrecuishe
Agave: Angustifolia, Karwinskii
Age of Agave: 7-10 years (when fully ripe)
Town: San Juan Del Rio
- Roasted in earthen conical oven for 4-8 days
- Ground with manual stone mill
- Fermented in open air oak barrels with natural yeast for 8-10 days
- Filtered spring water and captured rain water
- Double-distilled in copper pot still
- Distilled to proof (no water added)
- Rest in glass barrels for 4 weeks
- Hand bottled at the source
||Yola 1971 Mezcal Joven 200ml