Milam & Greene The Castle Hill Series (Batch 2) 13 Year Old Bourbon Whiskey
ABOUT THE BRAND
WE LOVE WHISKEY!
Milam & Greene was created by founder Marsha Milam, whiskey expert and Master Blender Heather Greene, and Kentucky veteran Master Distiller Marlene Holmes. Our charming distillery sits in the lush, Texas Hill Country where the hot summers, mild winters, and wild temperature variances add spark and personality to our spirit. To achieve excellence, we bring in grains, yeast, barrels and experience from all across America to create our award-winning whiskies. As well as multiple gold, double gold and platinum awards from credible spirits competitions and high marks from Wine Enthusiast, in 2021 Milam & Greene was awarded the “People’s Choice Award” at The Texas Whiskey Festival and “Best in Show” out of 550 entrants at The American Craft Spirits Association.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
Milam & Greene has truly shaken up the industry by harnessing a deep passion for whiskey and bringing so many different skills to the whiskey table. We’re the only independently owned and operated company in America that openly embraces a multitude of traditional and innovative ways to make stunning spirit under one label:
- Our whiskey dream team embodies over 60 years of experience – more than any other craft whiskey company.
- Excellent whiskey begins with the best ingredients, grains from Texas, Oregon, Wyoming and Washington unite to create robust aromatics and flavors.
- We use our own proprietary yeast recipe to yield beautiful aromas.
- We distill on a 300-gallon copper pot still in the heart of Texas Hill Country AND on classic column stills in Bardstown, Kentucky – each produces different notes and character.
- We age and batch vintage whiskies from various states together with our own characterful distillate to create unique and gorgeous flavors.
- We source bourbon barrel gems for our limited, sought after “Single Barrel” range.
- We mature and finish in multiple barrel types in Blanco, where the unique Texas terroir enables us to play with timing and tastes.
- We release coveted small batch “grain to glass” whiskey and yearly limited editions.
- We blind proof, hand bottle, and label each whiskey with tremendous care and heart.
The Castle Hill Series Batch Two, the second release of our limited-edition batch of 13-year-old hand-selected straight bourbon whiskies bottled at barrel proof. It celebrates the art of batching well-aged casks, one of the many methods Milam & Greene enlists to create its award-winning range of whiskies. The series is named for the historic Texas Military Institute, also known as “The Castle,” in Austin, Texas that is home to Heather Greene’s blending lab.
Milam & Greene The Castle Hill Series Batch Two shines in the glass with a deep burnt amber color. On the nose it is a dichotomy of youthful vigor and aged splendor with scents of warm peach cobbler, brown sugar, and vanillas with hints of almond and milk chocolate. Bottled at cask strength of 111 proof (55.5 % ABV), this potent straight bourbon whiskey features velvety, opulent flavors of caramel, cinnamon, cherry, vanilla, and tobacco with a warming and long finish.
Just 26 vintage barrels were married to create this superb whiskey, making it our most limited release. The Castle Hill Series carries the oldest age statement in the Milam & Greene family of whiskies, and each batch includes the distillery’s most exclusive casks.
Nose: scents of warm peach cobbler, brown sugar, and vanillas with hints of almond and milk chocolate
Finish: Warm and rich