Catoctin Creek Single Barrel Roundstone Rye Whisky
Our most popular whisky! Roundstone Rye® is a very unique rye whisky, made completely from scratch at our distillery in Purcellville, Virginia. This pre-Prohibition style rye whisky is made from 100% rye grain, sourced locally when available. It is mashed, fermented, distilled and aged completely in our distillery, before bottling it at a very sippable 80 proof. Aged in new charred white oak casks for a period of around two years, the whisky is smooth, woody, with that full-bodied fruity-nutty grain flavor typical of a Virginia rye whisky. Roundstone Rye has a delicious woody taste, with notes of caramel, rich butter toffee, and just a hint of lemon in the nose.
Roundstone Rye is a superb sipping whisky, a great whisky in Manhattans, or your favorite rye whisky cocktails.
Double Gold Medal
– New York World Wine and Spirits Competition, September 23, 2018
– The Good Food Awards, January 19, 2018
– F. Paul Pacult's Spirit Journal, September 2016
– American Craft Spirits, September 22, 2010
– Beverage Testing Institute, February 24, 2011
– Paste Magazine, November 20, 2017
– Paste Magazine, September 19, 2015
– Men's Journal, September 3, 2014
– Modern Distillery Age, November 25, 2011