Amador Double Barrel Kentucky Bourbon Finished In Cabernet Sauvignon Barrels Whiskey
At Amador Whiskey Company, we partner with the finest distillers to create small batch, luxury whiskies. Amador Double Barrel is a classic low rye bourbon aged in new charred American oak barrels for 3 years, which creates flavors of vanilla, black cherry, caramel. It is then finished in former medium toast French Oak Cabernet barrels for 9–12 months, which provides additional vanilla notes and a smooth mouthfeel. The “Double Barrel” aging technique creates characteristics from the individual barrels that are then blended together to make an exceptional tasting Bourbon, far greater than the sum of its parts.
• Sourced from the pedigreed Willett family distillery in Bardstown, KY
• Mashbill consists of 72% corn, 13% rye, 15% barley
• Aged in new charred American Oak barrels for 3 years
• Finished in Napa Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon barrels for 9 to 12 months
• Bottled at 90 proof
• Pairs perfectly in a Manhattan, Whiskey Sour, or Mint Julep
Deep copper brown color with red hue from Cabernet wine barrels. Flavors of vanilla and toast lead the way, then a crescendo of caramel, crème brûlée, and spice take over and linger in its long finish. Rich, complex, and layered.
|Amador Double Barrel Kentucky Bourbon Finished In Cabernet Sauvignon Barrels Whiskey